This policy notice is served by Key 2 Care Limited, also trading as Derbyshire Care Services under the website; key2care.co.uk
If you do not agree to the following policy you may wish to cease viewing / using this website, and or refrain from submitting your personal data to us.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we have implemented this privacy notice to inform you of the types of data we process about you. We also include within this notice the reasons for processing your data, the lawful basis that permits us to process it, how long we keep your data for and your rights regarding your data.
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
Under GDPR, all personal data obtained and held by us must be processed according to a set of core principles. In accordance with these principles, we will ensure that:
• Processing is fair, lawful and transparent
• Data is collected for specific, explicit, and legitimate purposes
• Data collected is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of processing
• Data is kept accurate and up to date. Data which is found to be inaccurate will be rectified or erased without delay
• Data is not kept for longer than is necessary for its given purpose
• Data is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of personal data including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage by using appropriate technical or organisation measures
• We comply with the relevant GDPR procedures for international transferring of personal data
WHO WE ARE
Key 2 Care Limited, also trading as Derbyshire Care Services, is an independent provider of personal care and support services. These services assist people to remain safe and independent in their own homes and communities for as long as possible. Our company details are as follows:
Key 2 Care Limited
146 Burton Road
Telephone: 01332 275060
Company registration number: 05380096
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office. under the Data Protection Register, our registration number is: ZA267461.
This policy describes:
• The information we collect from you
• Why we collect it
• How we use your information
• How we protect your information
• How long we keep your information
• Who we share your information with
• Your rights in connection with your information
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM CUSTOMERS
We collect a wide range of information about you, some of which may be personal and sensitive, in order to fulfil our service to you. This information will vary depending on the type of service we provide to you (e.g. personal care and support, peace of mind, or wellbeing), and whether you are a private or Local Authority/NHS customer. It may include:
• Name, address, telephone number, date of birth, etc.
• Next of kin contact details
• Bank account details
• Personal information collected during a needs and risk assessment, prior to producing a Care Plan and providing you with a care and support service
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM EMPLOYEES
We keep several categories of personal data on our employees in order to carry out effective and efficient processes. We keep this data in a personnel file relating to each employee and we also hold the data within our computer systems in order to carry out effective and efficient processes. It may include:
• Personal details such as name, address, phone numbers and your photograph
• Name and contact details of your next of kin
• Your gender, marital status, information of any disability you have or other medical information
• Right to work documentation
• Information on your race and religion for equality monitoring purposes
• Information gathered via the recruitment process such as that entered into a CV or included in a CV cover letter
• References from former employers and details on your education and employment history etc
• National Insurance numbers, bank account details
• Criminal convictions
The lawful bases which we use for collecting and processing your personal information are:
• Consent: you have given clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose
• Contract: the processing is necessary for the contract we have for the provision of the service to you
• Legal obligation: we are required by law to provide certain information if requested
• Legitimate interest: certain information allows us to tailor our service to best meet customer needs, in the case of employees this also ensures efficient administration of contractual obligations.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We need to collect your personal information in order to provide you with a service that fulfils a legal contract with you, or the commissioner of your services, e.g. Local Authority or NHS. Once recorded, we store your information so that it can be processed by our staff to enable us to provide the service. For employees we process your data in order to comply with a legal requirement or in order to effectively manage the employment contract we have with you, including ensuring you are paid correctly.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
For customers, upon completion of your Needs and Risk Assessment, we compile a Care Plan which sets out tasks, aspirations and outcomes in order to meet all your identified needs. This Care Plan is regularly reviewed and updated. This includes liaison with all those involved in your care such as family, your representative relevant health and social care colleagues and other professionals. For employees we keep several categories of personal data in order to carry out effective and efficient processes.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We take the security of your information seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to try to ensure that your information is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by its authorised employees in the performance of their duties. Protection measures include:
• Robust and secure computer systems with password access
• Lockable filing cabinets for storage of paper records
• Office access controls
• Information security breach notification procedure
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
The length of time we keep your information varies dependent on the type of information but is always the minimum we are required to do by law, or our own internal policies. For example, information in a legal contract must be kept for 6 years after the end of that contract.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
Employees within our company will have access to your data which is relevant to their function. All employees with such responsibility have been trained in ensuring data is processed in line with GDPR. Your information is only shared with organisations external to our company when requested by authorised agencies. For example, the Local Authority, NHS, your GP, the ambulance service, the police etc. We will not share your information with anyone except those indicated above, unless required by law.
YOUR RIGHTS IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR INFORMATION
Unless subject to an exemption, you have the following rights with respect to your personal information:
• The right to request a copy of your personal information which we hold
• The right to request that we correct any personal information if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request that your personal information is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such information;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time
• The right to request that we provide you with your personal information and where possible, to transmit that information directly to another organisation (known as the right to information portability),
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal information, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to object to the processing of personal information. Not applicable under some circumstances.
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Key 2 Care Limited and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Key 2 Care Limited. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Key 2 Care Limited takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Complete this form and we'll give you a call within 48 hours to discuss how we can help.